Thursday, December 3, 2009

Little gifts that pack a big punch

Every year our families do a big Christmas party at Grandma's house. It's one of my favorite get-togethers of the year, since its one of the few times everyone tries to come back up to our hometown up North. It used to be that most of the family was pretty close together geographically, but since cousins started going off to college, graduating, and getting married, there has been more and more spread. We may see each other as a group sometimes for graduations, but Christmas has become a tradition of its own, and one that we all absolutely love.

This year, in lieu of the economy and the cousins' restricted budgets (hello, mortgages, rent, etc), the cousins are participating in a Secret Santa-style gift exchange. I know who my person is, but I have no idea who will be giving something to me. We are supposed to supply ideas ot Grandma, though, and this morning, I already found something I will be passing along to Grandma to share with my Secret Santa as an idea for me.

These adorable JCrew belts are right up my alley, and are perfect for Secret Santa because they are only $25 each. Accessories are perfect additions to expand your current wardrobe without actually adding any clothes. And these three belts can really go all season long beyond the holidays - the bronze would be super cute in the fall, and the silver one could look great layered over a little sweater in gloomy March.

Do you do a Secret Santa with your family or friends? I think it sounds fun - I love surprises!!

2 comments:

DuffGT06 said...

And the gold is CLEARLY ideal for football season!

Unknown said...

But OF COURSE! Why didn't I think of that? :)